Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In Limited Stores

Hello all. Everything seems to be a little more focused right now than that last post was. I wasn't in a very good mood when I wrote that. Not necessarily happy but not sad or angry. Just bored... and really tired. I think naps are a very impostant thing. So is music. Hmmm, still a little rambly. That's been happening often recently. Not sure why but I'm talking a lot again. I remember around last or last last year I just didn't talk as much. But before that I wouldn't shut up. And Now again I wouldn't shut up. For awhile I just didn't talk nearly as much as my old blabbering and current blabbering self. But now I'm back to "Gemma the girl who never shuts up, and who is always bothering people with her constant incessant talkyness" which is fine by me. Though sometimes I can't get my point across on one thing at a time because thoughts and things I'm supposed to say and stuff I need to mention always pop up in the way of my original topic. Anyway, today in band Mrs. Pote (the band teacher) was telling us about how her son were talking about cat names for the cat they're planning to adopt sometime this year. Three names her son had chosen were Twinkle Sparkle and Rocko. She asked him where he thought of Rocko and he told her he meant like "Rocko Bama"(Barack Obama) Hehe. Hmmm. Oh ya! Happy Happy Half Day!! I love half days. I needed this one alot because for some reason on Monday at the end of the day I kept talking about how I was so happy it was Friday. I don't know why, it just felt like Friday! This is kind of like me forgetting my age, and also forgetting my art teachers name. I think I have a tumour or some sort of parasitic legion that is eating away at my brain. (haha. fun right?) Before I finish up this post I also need to tell you about my need for an acoustic guitar. I'm not sure why but I have the constant need to learn to play the guitar. I really like how they sound and I often enjoy fiddling with my cousin Kelsey's. And various others I can get my hands on. Oh ya, Kelsey is now in her friends band. Cool right? (Apparently. No really I'm guessing they're pretty good. She recently got an electric guitar (and she had an acoustic before) well not that recently. But anyway she plays very well so I'm sure they're doing well as a band.) Anyway, to get to the point. I'm planning on getting an beginners acoustic guitar likely black or a coffee brown that fades into the middle. (Kelsey's acoustic is really cool. Aqua blueish dark on the outside getting lighter as it goes in but not much lighter. It's very nice, but I'm going for more likely black or very dark brown.) My mom and I have decided that depending on the price, she'll pay half and I'll pay half for the guitar. Unfortunately I'm pretty broke. $153 dollars is all I have(boohoo)(Once I finish my book of poetry and start up my online business on which I will sell the amazing, awesome, super fuzzy, super cute plushies and scented trademark "Sachettes" that I sew, I will become rich, or at least I'll have some money.) I still don't understand though, how Spencer has accumulated somewhere around $800 and counting. So back to the topic of guitars. They actually sell them at Walmart and Target. And they're nice guitars and guitar packs. Obviously not a professional type thing, but something for someone who wants to learn as an offhand hobby. At Walmart there is this really nice black guitar. It comes in a pack with a stand, 3 picks, a tuner, and extra strings. It's a good size. And all the reviews said it's very nice... And it's only $67.88!!! Yay! Must buy! This is by-far the best one I've seen. But wait! What's this? OUT OF STOCK ONLINE?!?!?! WHYYYYY?!?! So later Mom and I are going to Walmart to look at guitars. I will be praying that our Walmart is one of those "In Limited Stores" that has this amazingly in my budget, just right, beautifully perfect, guitar pack.

6 comments:

Gemma said...

Wow. I didn't realize how long that post was until I actually posted it.

Anonymous said...

Guitars are very cool, but I have to admit that if you fee like you're going to stick with it you should probably get a real guitar instead of a beginner's one. I got a beginner's one two Christmases ago and it didn't sound all that great, and I was too big for it in about a year, and it broke. After only two years, it broke! My dad has one that plays beautifully that's 41 years old. My guitar's neck snapped when it got cold outside. =( So I'd suggest a real one.

Unknown said...

What was the size of yours? (Also how much was it?) Most of the ones I've looked at are 38inch. I was pretty sure that'd be good, but there are other 41inches that I've seen that I could get. So far I was going to get a dreadnought style but classical is cheaper on most sites.

Gemma said...

Sorry that was me! I always forget to log out of my mom's account.

Anonymous said...

it took me forever to figure out that the acoustic guitar is the original wooden type.

Gemma said...

hehe