Friday, April 4, 2008

A Change of Season

Spring Sonnet

Flowers rise from the ground alive once more
Array of colors petals beautiful
Spring the change from our winter gloomy thoughts
Spring showers bring flowers that I adore

Bright weather dampened sometimes by the mist
The occasional rain cleanses the soul
I love the pitter patter on the glass
Gently bringing peaceful rest at long last

Animals come out to play once again
Birds are singing me awake each morning
My joy is only exceeded by my love
This season is so glorious it’s true

And when finished it leaves like a lamb
Tiptoeing out with summer in its place

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that;s really good gemma

Gemma said...

I'm entering it the prairie home companion "Bed of Roses Sonnet" contest

Gemma said...

It'd be funny if I won because the prize is a dozen roses and a mattress. What would I do with a mattress?

Jeff said...

A mattress is a funny prize.

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a mattress!

*wink* *wink*

Gemma said...

To bad Laura! It's mine! Actually I didn't win so, it really isn't mine...:( =P Oh well!