Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bringing It Back

Okay, wow, so I'm really really happy. Wanna know why? I got roller blades! I got them online but I'm pretty sure they'll fit me because I looked at the sizing and all and it seems they should fit. Yaaaaay! The main reason I'm so happy is because I've always wanted to try rollerblading but I've never gotten to it. I have never EVER even worn a pair of roller blades let alone tried skating in them. I really enjoyed when we did rollerskating in gym class plus I've grown somewhat fond of ice skating so I think I could really enjoy rollerblading. Also, I searched for arm warmers and fingerless gloves online and I found a lot of really cute ones. I just think they're so useful. Somewhat stylish, plus they keep you warm. The ones I made aren't really that good when I think back on it so I feel the need to get some made with either a knit or a t-shirt sort of fabric. But those can wait to be bought until fall when I'll actually be wearing them. Anyway enough talk about my shopping needs, how is everyone? Still good perhaps even happy I'm hoping. My grandparents are in town right now, so that's another thing for me to be happy about. I love my grandparents and well, all of my family. Family and friends. That's what matters.

Later....

I wrote some poetry today and I thought I'd share this one....



Lullaby

Oh sweet lullaby as calm as the ocean

Soothing as the waves

You who lull me

Your soft rhyming words like sweet nothings in my ear

With a tune light and gentle lead me to sleep, for I go willingly near

You lure me to lands of rest and of dreams

And for that I go not reluctant

So that I am almost unwilling to stay awake





4 comments:

Emma said...

I like rollerblading too, though I don't own a pair either. I usually borrow our neighbor's mom's pair.

It seems that you have certainly gone the way of the online shopping. =] That's okay, though, it's cool.

Anonymous said...

I love to rollerblade. I saw these really pretty ones at play it again sports that I want.

Kayla said...

I hate rollerblading. Haha, I have like the worst balance. ;)

But I love your poem :)

Gemma said...

Thanks!