Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sarah-licious

My house is very cold. It's starting to get chilly out so the house has been cold and dry and all around uncomfortable. Saw Sarah Palin on Friday, thanks again to Natalie, and that's was pretty cool. Got some campaign buttons. And now I have homework to do. Sigh* Weekends.

Later...

Weekends, augh! I feel so lazy. And of course the new quarter is starting on Monday so that means I'll have to get used to having keyboarding and Spanish instead of gym. We'll see how this goes. But at least we've got Fall Break coming up on Thursday and Friday. My g'ma is coming up to visit so that'll be fun, plus my cousins have their Fall Break at the same time as us this year so we'll probably spend some time with them too. Really, anytime without school is good. Although, as I was implying before, the weekends can get a little boring unless you have something going on. My weekend has been very cold and lazy and has been wasted doing homework and being sleepy in my pj's trying to conserve whatever warmth I have. My toes are fuh-reezing! Seriously, why am I so cold??? Anyway, when I got up this morning I wrote this little thing/poem and I've decided to post it. So what do you think?

Morning World

You awaken
With heavy feet and blurry vision you emerge from the bedroom
You stumble to your round porcelain chair to relieve yourself
Now that that’s done you stop a moment
Your stomach, it feels empty
You are hungry so you tiptoe down the stair steps
Arriving at your destination, the fridge, you remove the milk
Then, turning to the cabinets,
You take out a glass and fill it to the brim with the white creamy liquid
And there you have it, your glass of dairy
If only you had something warmer
A mug of coffee perhaps or some hot cocoa
It’s fairly chilly and, with only your skimpy pajamas on, you feel cold
Perhaps you should have grabbed a coat of some sort upstairs
You dash up the staircase and back to your room
You snatch a large warm fleece robe from the closet and tug it on as you sneak back downstairs
Once again with your glass of milk, you settle down in a rather ragged recliner and take a sip
After awhile you finish and set the cup aside
Your bare feet and toes are cold so you tuck them under you
Snuggling further into the chair for warmth you doze off once more

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this what runs through you mind in the mornings?

Gemma said...

Sometimes. :P

Eric said...

It's a cool kind of poetry. Very good descriptions. Nice job!