Well, I feel like I might get some inspiring stuff out of this so, having just read Mr. Carter's blog I am going to do my own (probably not as good) list of ten things I believe. Also, I've been thinking about this a bit and I think I'm going to get a pocket thesaurus and dictionary and try to broaden my vocabulary further. I was also thinking about getting an English to Spanish or French or some other language dictionary so that whenever I say something I'll look it up to see how to say it in another language.
1.) I believe that, right now, my life is just taking on another routine.
I'm starting to get used to things and that can be both good and bad. It's nice because I'm settled into the school schedule and I know what's going on. But it gets boring, having the same routine without much else happening. Thankfully we have survival week next week. And of course, this weekend our day trip was fun. It's just that, some days I don't get much accomplished and I don't really do much at all and that ends up getting me all depressed about the boringness of my routine.
2.) I am often too self-conscious.
I really need to get it through my head that NO ONE CARES. If I'm walking down the road the people in their cars don't give me a second thought, at school rushing through the halls, focusing on class, no one pays anymore attention to me than I do to them. I mean sometimes I'm just acting silly, laughing too loud, and just being crazy on my way to class, but other times I'm constantly worrying what other people will think of what I'm doing. It's mostly that I'm like this out in public though, which is especially silly because if people I know don't care, people who I've never met really aren't going to care.
3.) I believe that one of the worst things you can do to someone is base your opinion of them on one instance.
I hate it when people judge other people on just one bad thing that's happened. When they drag the whole event out of proportion and then let that one over exaggerated moment shape their impression of the person. It's ridiculous. I mean really, back up your opinions with more than one instance.
4.) Dating should be left to the adults.
I really don't think dating at a young age is a very good idea. It's pointless, because okay so you're going out together and "dating" and whatever else that involves, but really where's the point? Billy loves Suzy and and she loves him back but what then? So they just keep dating and it's for fun? Eventually they'll break it off right? How many people have been married to and have had successful marriages with the person they've been dating since they were kids? I mean, I guess you could say that dating helps you realize what you want in a relationship, but not when you're a kid. Not many kids are really going to think about that sort of thing at this age. But, I'm not saying kids who are dating right now are just straight out wrong, it's just not something I would want to be doing.
5.) I believe it's very fulfilling to learn to play an instrument.
The same goes for learning and improving on pretty much any art form. (dancing, painting, drawing, martial arts, sculpting, cooking, that sort of thing) Anyway, I'm really enjoying the flute. It feels good to be able to play. And I'd say I'm getting pretty good too(not trying to brag, just providing proof, but I am ranked sixth chair in the flute section out of I dunno like 15 or 16 other flutes?) I'm just very happy that I stuck with it. Plus it's always good to enjoy what you've learned. I'm beginning to love the sound flutes make. Am I the only one who, when listening to a favorite song has certain parts that I just love the way the notes are put together. It's like looking at a bunch of vibrant colors in an abstract art piece where each of the pitches is a color. Like there are certain notes and sequences of notes that I just want to listen to over and over again because I like them so much. That happens when I'm playing my flute sometimes, that there's a certain pitch that I just love the feel of it. Another thing, I really like the sound of clarinets. Especially when they're playing soft, it's kind of whispery and woody and earthy almost. It has such a similar feeling to the soft sound of a bow going over the strings of a violin very lightly. Sort of calm and peaceful and I can't really think of a word for it other than woody but that's not really right. Warm maybe? Like a campfire almost. But not quite so smoky and blazing. The sound almost reminds me of a flowery perfume but not the kind that's sickly sweet or anything if that makes any sense. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
6.) I have reason to believe that Starbucks is taking hold of my mind.
I'm becoming a coffee junky. I'm constantly craving a yummy Starbucks Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino (my coffee drink of choice) And though I've yet to order one myself I've tasted the Tazo Passion Tea, and I've been wanting to get one of those but I can never seem to keep myself from ordering my long loved frappuccino.
7.) I believe that in time I will change and learn and develop.
Basically, I'm expecting that, with age, my personality will change. Hopefully for the better. :) I mean, we all change as we get older, and I'm hoping that as I do I'll become more knowledgeable and wiser. It feels good to understand things and to be able to tell someone about those things in depth. For instance, after doing a project on some topic and studying it closely it feels really good to retain that information. I guess what I mean is, learning actually is fun and I'm looking forward to learning from my experiences and everything else as I get older.
8.) In every experience we learn something, no matter how small.
It's important to grow from everything we do. Every single experience should teach you something. So, pay attention to life and what's going on and, well, learn from it.
9.) Animals are worth your time.
I love my dog. I love all animals. Not only are they interesting to observe but they're a part of life. They are life. They are also tasty... :P ha. But really they are useful, and interesting, and they are certainly worth your time.
10.) I believe I have more than ten things I truly believe in but I just haven't thought of them all yet. I'm constantly spouting these beliefs, you just have to catch me at the right time to get them.
Anyway, that's that. I'm off to dinner now. Soooo hungry! :)
1 comment:
That was great, Gem!
I totally agree with #4. It's sickening how people go around like
"Oh my gosh! Billy cheated on Sally with Sara because they went to the movies when Billy was supposed to take Sally to get milkshakes!"
I laugh every single time I hear something like that.
tee-hee
Post a Comment