Wednesday, October 1, 2008
E Vivo Ancor!
We just got back from watching the Indianapolis Opera Company in a dress recital of "Il Trovatore" and I really enjoyed it. Although I did start getting a little sore after the second hour of sitting. In all, we were at the performance for three hours. Long time. But length aside, the singing was fantastic and I loved every minute of it. Something really, well, odd that happened after the performance was that this girl came up as we were leaving and asked me if I was there for recital credit. What? When I said no she asked me to take this slip of paper up to the woman at the front desk. Apparently it was for her friend who could only be there for the first half of the performance so she would still recieve "recital credit" Huh. So, kind soul that I am, I did as she asked. Of course, as I was walking back from the desk the woman had me come back and she pointed at a line on the paper saying I had to write the name of the teacher who told me to go to the performance. Okaaay sure. So, thinking on my feet, I told her it wasn't any one teacher who suggested I go for credit. I'm not exactly sure my answer made much sense but she just said she'd take it anyway and I walked away. It was all very odd. Let's just say it caught me off guard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment