Hello friends. Maybe some of you know I've decided to write a book of poetry called "Unexpected Poetry" Who knows if it will somehow become published or if I'll even finish. I hope I do though. I'm planning on writing 200 poems and selecting around 150 of them or more. I know that sounds like a lot but if I do between 5 and 7 seven poems a day I can get it done in about a month. I plan on posting the occasional poem that I write for it so I can get some critique. And here is one poem I'm proud of. It's a little Shel Silverstein-ish but I like it that way.
Landwich
For lunch I had a landwich,
With mustard and some cheese
I made it myself,
With the slightest of ease
With mountainous lettuce,
And swampy tomatoes
With desertlike lunchmeat,
And thin sliced potatoes
With volcanic sauces,
It had valleys of bread,
And when I couldn’t find a drink,
I had an ocean instead
5 comments:
That poem is really cool!
You should definitely try to get it published. It would be really cool if we could get a book made of peoms from you, me, em, and eric (and natie if she wanted). That would be so cool!
That's cool. I can see you were really affected by that Shel Silverstein book you read. =]
thats really gud, gemz
That's an awesome poem.
Thanks guys
Post a Comment