We just got home about two hours ago. Chicago was fun. This is a little account of the trip I wrote in my notebook each day there.
Friday
Wow, Chicago is crowded. I'm enjoying myself already just by sitting in the car watching the hordes of people who rush along the sidewalks. So many people going about their business. 8 million people(apparently). Wow.
Later...
I DO NOT want to get back in the elevator. Whyyy!?!? Why did we have to have a room on the seventeenth floor?! You see, we were just coming up to the room in the elevator and as we were going it malfunctioned. It stopped on the 4th floor then went up to the 7th and after lurching to a stop, stayed there. It then lurched occasionally as we tried first to open the doors with the "open door button" and when that didn't work we pressed the alarm button and the doors opened and we rushed off(it was aligned at the 7th floor still) That was so scary. I was just petrified. (More thoughts on the elevator later)
Saturday
Today was pretty good. We went to the Chicago field museum and it was quite interesting. It's nighttime now and I'm heading to bed so I haven't much to write. I'm tired. Night. (May it be known that after visiting the museum we went to this thing called "Taste of Chicago" which is a festival that has food and other stuff. While there I bought a heart shaped rock that has joy written on it. A nice souvenir. We did not, though, get anything else because the lines for tickets to get food were all really long and we were hungry and it was soon to begin raining so we went to the mall, went back to the hotel and then went to get dinner somewhere else. The main reason why the fest was so crowded was because Stevie Wonder was performing at 5:30(which was in about an hour then) and many people obviously wanted to attend.)
Sunday
Today we went to the Lincoln Park botanical garden/conservatory place with tons of flowers and bushes and trees and various other plants, tropical and otherwise. I enjoyed myself a lot and got quite a few pictures. We then needed to catch a taxi after that to get back to the hotel but we ended up instead taking the 151 bus to a street near the hotel and we walked to rest of the way back. We'll be leaving to go home soon.
Later... Or rather.. Now...
So as I said before, we got back about 2 hours ago and yeah. Oh and also as I said before, more thoughts on the elevator incident. That little happening stayed with me for the rest of the trip and I hated having to use the elevators. It scared the heck out of me! Oh well. I'm very happy about getting the heart rock that has "Joy" engraved on it. Soooo, it's late and I'd aught to go to bed seeing as I've done so much this weekend. It feels good to have had this break and now to get to be back home. Sigh* Right now I'm listening to "More" by Matthew West. Good song. ...Now I'm listenin' to "Halloween" by Matt Pond PA. Like that too. But then duh because why else would I be listening to it? Ha. Anyway G'night all.
6 comments:
my dad was stuck in an elevator once. but luckly he had his lunch with him, so he just sat there eating it while he waited for someone to come.
cool
Chicago sounded fun...except for the elevator. That's sounds not so fun.
haha. one time last summer i stayed in chicago and we were on the 25 floor. we had to take 2 different elevators to get all the way up. whoo!
p.s. i'm emmas cousin.
When we were little, me and my brother would fight over who got to push the buttons.
I love your second poem on the side.
I made an amazingly wonderful cake last night.
Cake?! Cake?! I want cake! I'm gonna get me some cake now if it's the last thing I do. (so be it that I must make it or buy it at marsh) I neeeed cake.
Post a Comment