Monday, June 23, 2008
Artists At Work
Hi ya'll! Sorry I left you hanging there for, what was it, 5 days? Personally I find that that's really not much. :P Anyway I haven't really been doing anything although on Saturday my Aunts(Georgia and Gloria) took myself and a friend to this little park where a small fest was being held for painters. There was some artwork and a few people scattered here and there in the small park where they sat and painted. So we got to look around at the painters and then went to lunch. The cafe where we had lunch was actually a church that had been converted to an art gallery by Nancy Noel and then a small cafe had been added. I really enjoyed the food. After lunch we went back to look at the finished pieces that the artists who had been painting were going to enter into a little contest they were having. We don't know who won but we'll probably be able to find out somehow. When I said I hadn't been doing anything I suppose I actually meant in the previous week that I didn't post during. This weekend on the other has been sort of full. First my mom went with some friends for a little get together on Saturday(which is why I went to the art fair) and then she was staying overnight at a hotel with a friend and then came back on Sunday. After the art fair we went back to the house and out of a fit of inspiration I painted a picture of some bunnies. It isn't very good but I may take a pic of it and post it later. After that and after having left Aunt Georgia and Gloria came back and we watched a movie. Aunt Georgia then spent the night at our house and mom was back in the morning. Now yesterday, Sunday if you were so unaware, we went to a wedding. The service was surprisingly short(only a half hour long) and the reception was a little dull and monotonous. Not one of the best weddings I've been to. But then, who am I to judge? Anyway the weekend was full, and the previous week was fairly empty. But that's about it. And now I'm off to go do stuff so then I can post about it later to make my blog less boring. First I think I'll brush my teeth. Ta ta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would have loved to have gone to that. I really need to be more alert this year of things like that.
yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun.
I dropped a table on my foot.
Ouch, Laura are you ok? Wait, what kind of table was it? How did this happen?! :D
Well...
We had to clean up our basement (it's finished and more like a second den for those of you who don't know what my basement looks like) and we had all of our folding tables out because we had to put in a battery back up for our sump pump (which is in a little closet next to the stairs) so I decided I would try to put the hugely heavy folding tables away by myself. I got one in, but while I was trying to slide the other one over, it slid down(the floor is tiled) and landed on my foot. Later in the day we went over to the immediate care center (my foot was very painful and swelly and bruised) and they took an x-ray and the doctor said that nothing was obviously broken, but that there was some shadowing in the tendons and such where the impact was so they sent the x-rays over to the hospital so that they can examine them more closely. In the mean time I have to wrap it in an ace bandage and wear an ugly boot. Hopefully that won't be a longtime because my mom works with a lady at the hospital in the radiology department and the lady said that she would make sure that they got read as soon as they got the pictures.
Wow, that was a lot of run-on sentences. Sorry it got so long.
Post a Comment