Sunday, April 4, 2010

You Are What You Eat?

Yesterday marked the beginning of my spring break. So far so good! I spent the day reading (Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson) and laying outside, and also picked up a bunch of the pine cones littering our backyard. Being my typical self I just had to spend about 15 minutes simply sitting and scraping sap off cones so I could burn it... It's fun, okay? Sap is especially fun to scrape from our pine trees in the summer when it just oozes out all over. It interests me to wonder what the actual composition of sap is exactly..

Today, since it rained, was spent mainly indoors. Most of my morning was devoted to finishing my book and then the rest of my time was used in making chocolate cupcakes for Easter at my granny and pa's tomorrow. They're quite cute, and delicious, treats if I do say so myself. Half have chocolate icing and half have vanilla, and each one is sprinkled with colored sugar and has three jellybeans in the center. ^_^ I also decorated my extra cupcakes as ninjas, and one was a chicken. :D

If I eat ninjas...
...does that make me a ninja?


I hope so.

(...or does that make me a cupcake ninja? ...or a cupcake chicken? ...or just a plain old cupcake?)

Note: I am trying to maintain a waking up hour of 8:30ish each morning over spring break, since that's when I've awoken naturally for the past two days. So I should probably get to bed. Oh and also, according to the blogger dashboard this is my 300th post. So, ah, yay! Let the cupcakes be my celebration.

Second note: I just realized that since it's past 12am, it's technically Sunday. Time to sleep yes.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I adore your cupcakes!! They're sooo creative :D

I also just saw your random quote thing. I hate to admit this, but...I HAVE been putting food in your food.

Gemma said...

Oh noes!

Emma said...

Gemma, you don't need cupcakes to make you a ninja.