Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Regret Nothing and Everything

Yay! It's snowing again! I wake up and the world is adorned with tiny frozen jewels that even still are coming down. In an hour or so it seems a clean fluffy white blanket, however thin, has been tossed over my surroundings. It just looks so fresh and pretty. I love the snow.

I suppose, now in afterthought, that I should mention my tryout for the play Pirates of Penzance. Now, Eric has already described the process well enough in his most recent post so I may as well simply add a bit on how my experience went. It's not really as though anyone still reads my blog much anymore. I suspect my posts are perhaps too long or monotonous, or uninteresting and bland. Irregardless I'll tell you anyway, should anyone care to come visit and comment on this blog ever again it shall remain updated. Though it's probably a worthless effort. :P Anyway, I tried out on Tuesday, the first day of the tryouts, after attending a very informative call-out meeting on Monday. I went through the lines of one of the sisters and also those of Ruth, the aging nursemaid of Frederick. I'd say neither reading went exceptionally well but I don't believe I did bad really either. I suppose if I make it (which isn't all that unlikely) I'd get a chorus part as a pirate or something. I doubt I really stood out enough or made enough of an impression to warrant a callback. And then there was the singing. Well, I can say I think I did okay on the piece from the play but I didn't fully realize we needed another piece to sing until the last minute. I wasn't entirely lost though because I sing often and have been practicing a couple various songs recently. (not saying I sing well at all, I just sing at home when I'm bored simply for the sake of it) Of course, in the last minute haste of deciding I picked a song that I realize in hindsight I maybe should not have chosen. I'm not happy with how I did on that(and the fact that Mrs. Clair was sort of grimacing while I sang it was awfully disheartening) but I really am fairly satisfied with how I performed the piece they taught us from the play. I did that second and as I sang that one she was smiling so hopefully that's a good sign. :D

On another note I am now reading for class "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" which I am actually enjoying. It's pretty interesting and informative and there are many ideas that I'd like to put into place in my life such as a well thought out Mission Statement. I need to set more goals and plans out in my life and also there are adjustments to my attitude that I feel very ready to make. Of course, being only a kid there are a couple things in the book that aren't a concern for me and won't be for awhile. All in all though I'm happy to be reading the book as it's spurring me into thought and action about various aspects of my life that I may want to work on and improve.

And finally, this weekend we're putting up the old Christmas tree and I have two projects to finish for next week so I am off to work! Happy weekend! :D

Oooone more thing. I forgot to mention, not that it's all that important, that I got my flu shot yesterday! Mom said I could get the mist but they didn't have any so I had to get a shot. It didn't hurt at all, and I really don't mind getting shots anyway. BUT now my arm is super sore. Humph! Oh well. At least I won't be getting the flu now! :D

7 comments:

Eric said...

I'm sure you did great, Gemma. They really didn't give any feedback to anyone.

By the way, what does "irregardless" mean?

Gemma said...

It's like regardless really. Sort of a combination of irrespective and regardless I guess. It's a habit of speech for me and I use it a lot even though you're supposed to use regardless. And it's funny because the truth is with ir- at the beginning which sort of means "not" that makes it the opposite of what I'm trying to say. I mean, if you break it down regardless means without regard so irregardless means "not" without regard. Even though when I used it I meant without regard. ...hmm that was a complicated explanation.

Basically, what it meant in my post was "without regard". :D

Anonymous said...

how many pages did you put in your scrapbook?

Gemma said...

14 so far

Anonymous said...

how far are you? i still have 6 dynasties, pretty much all the stuff on the "things to include" page, and i have to figure out my book report.

Gemma said...

I have pretty much everything except for marco polo which I'm doing right now and anything I've forgotten. Then I have to put it AAAAAALL together and then do my book report. And my band practice and six graphing algebra problems. We'll see how this goes. :P

Anonymous said...

somehow i did five pages on the shang. my head hurts. blech.