Monday, May 26, 2008

One Season Closed Another Open

I am just absolutely elated. I am soooo exited about summer break being so close. Only Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and then, yay, it'll be summer. No school, thank goodness! Freedom from tests, homework and all those other academic aversions that keep me from cooking up ideas and schemes and getting to do what I want to, when I want to. I just can't wait to be unbound from the shackles of school and set free. Ok, I suppose I'm being a little bit harsh, but man, I am so happy to be getting a break! I love summer. Swimming, playing with friends, riding bikes, aaaah such a wonderful season. This school year has really gone by fast though. It feels like it happened much shorter than usual. But I don't mind, let's just hope summer break doesn't speed by in a similar manner. Oh yeah, I just remembered. I've just finished the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer in the three book series and it was really good. Sheen had suggested it to me as have other people before and I finally decided to read it because it looked pretty interesting. Anyway for awhile I've been wanting to read it but haven't been able to find it anywhere. At school they had 3 copies of each book in the series and they had all been checked out and at the library every single one of the 13 copies they had of each book in the series(39 books!!!) were all checked out. Not until later had I been talking to my mom and found out there had been an article in the paper about the writer and those books among others she'd witten. Which explains the dramatic increase in fans of the book. So since they don't have copies of the book at the library we went to Borders yesterday and I got me a book called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.(thanks to Natalie for getting me a gift card for Borders for my b-day otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to get the book) And that's how my past week and weekend has gone. Oh yeah, other than that we've spent the three day weekend(thank you memorial day!) putting in flowers and mulch and various other gardening things also including mowing. So yeah, that's it. I'm done. It's basically moot point. That is it. Yeah. That is all, thank you. Okay? Done. Done-zo. DunDunDunnyDun...Done. Finished. Fin. Finito. Aur revoir. See ya. Bye. Done!! That is it!!!!!! Oh yeah, here's a poem I wrote about summer. It isn't very good because I wrote it in around 3 seconds but I thought I'd see what ya'll think. Yeah.... Okay.


Summer Comes and Passes By
Alas our year ends
School closes and we relax
Work relents
We are free
As the fleeting days of responsibility
Fade away
Untied, unbound, taken from our shackles
Set on our journey
What to make of this amazing freedom
I know
To spend it sparingly
For summer days shall fade away
Just the same

... .. ... Done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet poem, and sweet, sweet, sweet summer freedom.

alas, we have 2 more days.

Eric said...

That's not harsh, it's honest. And it's what we're all thinking. Very nice poem. You should start making a collection of the poems you've written. There's something for Summer vacation.

Anonymous said...

i liked it at woodbrook when we had that last half day to just do whatever. but this year the school seems intent to use every second cramming in midterms (or finals)

Gemma said...

I actually have a collection of all my poems(about sixtyish not including just notebook written) if anyone ever wants to see them. IO'm slowly collecting poems to eventually put in my book.