Thursday, May 8, 2008
Burning Butterscotch
Sooooo... Hmmm. Well on Tuesday night mom and I tried(unsuccessfully) to each make a butterscotch pie. We were making one for her friend's dad who's sick. Mom had wanted to make one first for us to try and to see how to do the recipe and then make the one to give away but we ended up each making one. Unfortunately, mom's butterscotch burned and so we traded so she could work with the good butterscotch, but then when we went to do some other stuff and then add in the milk to the butterscotch(melted brownsugar and butter) it crystalized and got hard and we had to melt it all over again. Eventually we got them melted again but long story short we finished the pies but they tasted burntish. So in replacement we drove over to MCL and bought one of their pies. And, instead of putting the burnt butterscotch into my pie crust we through it out and got some bannana pudding and filled it with that and sliced bannanas. Yummy! Otherwise, not much has been going on. Oh, but I am going to Cincinnati tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
how's edinburg? i mean, your cinnicinati trip. :)
so THAT's where you were.
We ended up going to Cinncinati Mills(an indoor shopping mall if you will) on Friday. Then on Saturday we went to Kenswood. (Both are in Ohio as you may have guessed) Sorry Natalie, Edinburg was a little off course to shop at. But I still bought some stuff at the other "trip places" hush hush whisper whisper. What? No! I've done no shopping during school! Of course not I only went to see the band perform! Silly! Cough*
is spencer in the band?
13 school days left!
YAAAAAY! Woohoo! I am so excited. Further reason though to seal up the end of the year sleepotterparty details.
I love sleepotterparties!
(it took me a minute to get that one)
stop rubbing it in!
sorry. didn't know.
Post a Comment