Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Natural Awakening

Birds. This morning I awoke to birds. Chirping, no, yelling through my open window... and through every other open window in the house, as I realized when the obnoxious noise continued even after I shut mine. 5am is not when I care to awake on a Saturday morning in the middle of summer. And of course, once I rise that early, I just can't get back asleep! ...Not when nature is yakking away full volume outside. So instead of sleeping I went downstairs and read.

Hopefully, I'll get better rest and actually wake up tomorrow at the time I plan, more like 7 or 8, since I need to vacuum the pool and maybe go for a bike ride before we head off to the airport to pick up my grandmother. She's flying in from Florida to then fly with us to England on Wednesday. :D And once she gets here it's off we go to get food and other stuffs because we're having relatives over for the 4th of July! My hopes for a bike ride keep getting pushed around to make room for other plans, which is perfectly fine by me, but that's why I'm considering going in the morning tomorrow. (I think my determination on getting a good bike ride in are simply the longing for a bit of wind in the hair and relaxing exercise, where my rollerblades just aren't cutting it. I love rollerblading, especially in the fall, but in the summer sun I'd rather be on a bicycle.)

Also, has anyone noticed any REALLY big squirrels lately? Because everywhere I look it seems there's some large(and by large I mean fat and adorable) squirrel bounding across the road, or charging up a tree, or taunting my dog. Maybe I just never noticed them before?

3 comments:

Emma said...

I wish I had rollerblades. *sniffle*

Laura said...

We don't have squirrels at my house. We have cat-sized rodents that we refer to as squirrels because there is no other name.

Eric said...

Goodness. I was expecting you to be happy to wake up to birds singing. I suppose the whole world is conspiring against you at 5 in the morning.

Have an awesome time in England!