Friday, July 16, 2010

How To Do The Laundry..

1. Open the drum door.
If the door cannot be opened, see "Problem Solving Guide"
Also, make sure there are no cats or small animals inside the appliance before and after using it. That could be bad.

We were trying to figure out how to use the washer/dryer in the apartment where we're staying in Bristol, hence the instruction manual pictured below.

These scenic pictures were taken from the car on our way to visit stonehenge.

And this is stonehenge!

...and this is a swan! This picture was taken when we went punting(a punt is a type of boat) in Oxford.

So... I'd say we've been enjoying England greatly thus far!
We've visited:
  • Bristol(which has sort of been the base camp for all of our other trips out)
  • Bath with the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey
  • Stonehenge(which was actually pretty cool, we were especially lucky to have had great weather on the day we visited)
  • Salisbury with Salisbury Cathedral(a really quite impressive place in terms of archictecture and artistry)
  • Oxford where we toured around and visited Christ Church and some universities (and went punting)
  • Blenheim Palace(another really impressive and beautiful place) My favorite part was the area around the Palace including the gardens and landscaping, all of which was designed by Capability Brown.
  • The Cottswolds including the villages of: Bourton-on-the-Water, Slaughter, Snowshill, and Broadway
And now we're back in Bristol getting ready to take the train to London, where we'll stay for 4 days. Then we head off to Loughborough for my mom's cousin's wedding! (which is actually the reason we're in England)


Other interesting pictures:
Chimney pots viewed from the apartment in Bristol


A flower monster! Salisbury is heavily populated with these creatures...

The dam at Blenheim Palace which was constructed in order to form a water feature for the palace grounds.
Quite impressive I think. ^_^ And pretty!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my how pretty! Are you going to start saying things like "cheerio!" and biscuit instead of cookie now?!

...

cause that would be totally awesome.

Emma said...

I agree with Laura one hundred percent.

When I was looking at the manual pictures, all I saw at first was "do not climb into the drum." So I laughed.

Gemma said...

Biscuit! Cheerio! Pudding! Telly!