We had to wear our costumes today at practice. Urg. I guess I don't mind wearing a matronly, light green, floor length dress... too much. I guess.
Sooo, this Saturday we took a bit of a field trip after play practice on Thursday! We went to Hook's drugstore (an old-timey sort of drugstore, museum, and candy store) to "get into character" and "learn about the time period" ...that sort of thing. ^_^ And of course, to learn the difference between an ice cream soda and an ice cream float. It is a key bit of info which all people should be acquainted with:
Soda=carbonated drink and flavoring and ice cream mixed together
Float=just soda pop aka "phosphate" with ice cream in it
Okay. So mainly I went to get the ice cream soda.
And. It. Was. Yummy. (mine was cherry flavoring with chocolate ice cream)
I also purchased some candy. There is no resisting candy.
Also, today and tomorrow we have ISTEP+(Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus, what's with the "Plus" part?) Which MEANS: No extra homework today! We'll still have shortened classes tomorrow though, in addition to the testing. Phooey. Anyway, we had MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH testing today. For the prompt we needed to write a fictional story about someone who does something they were afraid of doing or didn't think they could accomplish. I wrote about a girl who's afraid of elevators. xD
Now, I need to stop typing stuff on here and finish the project I now need to do for Language Arts. I thought it was due on Friday, but it's actually due Wednesday... Sigh!
ONE MORE THING: My mouth is blue! :P It's the result of one of the candies I got from Hook's which is deliciously blueberry flavored and full of artificial blue coloring. Fantastic!
3 comments:
Hm, who was the story about I wonder? ;)
I thought you were afraid of escalators.
Elevators. Escalators are fun!
Post a Comment