It's the weekend. I have a literary analysis to write on the first parts of the Odyssey, practice on my flute to be done, a technical writing document I would like to finish or work on a little, and a bit of studying for a science test. This week I've just felt somewhat heavy on the homework. It isn't too much this weekend, but over the course of the week it seems I've just had a lot to get done. For instance, in social studies we had to make part of a newspaper as if it were made in America in 1793 with the class in two groups headed by two specific team leaders. We were competing to make a better newspaper section that would move on to be judged with those created by the other teams. I ended up as the "team leader" in this Apprentice style project. Blegh. It was additional work, and I am quite happy to be done with that now. We also had a project in science on Friday that we needed to bring in various materials for so we could build an efficient device that could roll down a ramp and achieve a certain distance. Also, in math we are going through a chapter in our Geometry book as a project where we need to design examples of rotational and reflectional symmetry, tessellations, knot designs, optical art, and more geometrical designs of that sort. Aaaand in yearbook I'm designing the two band pages with my partner Sarina. We've had to do quite a bit of work to figure out when we can interview the band teachers and get their pictures because they aren't available when we have our yearbook period.
Anyway, this shouldn't be so long.. I'll make my weekend quick(not that it's all that lengthy in the first place): working on homework today, having brunch tomorrow with family, more homework, and oh look it's Monday already. That's pretty much how it's going to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment