Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome To Friday

This week has been INTENSE. I started school on Monday, and it has been very interesting. I was really nervous to be starting, especially since I'm attending an entirely new school where I didn't yet know a ton of people, but I'd say it's gotten better as the days have progressed. Today was a lot of fun, and we had a pep rally at the end of the day where everyone was full of energy. Still, I am sooo happy the weekend is here. I'm probably going to fall into a short term coma tonight and wake up Sunday morning refreshed and ready to do lots of homework. Haha, oh boy. So, one interesting thing I learned today was in art where the teacher got out some clay at the end of the class and was talking about our first project. (we're going to be making tea bowls.. eventually.. so far we've spent class learning about Japanese tea ceremonies and Zen Buddhism) So, he was setting the clay on a wooden board and describing how we would store our creations when he stopped and showed us how he had dried clay on his hands. Apparently, if you clap/rub your hands together to get the clay off it will send out little particles that you'll inhale, but won't be able to exhale. If you work as an art teacher or work with clay very often then these clay particles can build up and eventually trap water in your lungs causing you to essentially drown in your own fluids over time. So, the moral of this story is that you should wet your hands to get rid of excess clay! Intense indeed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

intense indeed. im suprised they didn't make you sign a waiver before they let you into art class.

Emma said...

Art Class...EXTREME.

Gemma said...

you know me, I like to live life on the edge