Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Watson Likes Jam

I looked around the library/music room at the books today and leafed through a few poetry collections. I also read Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends and Influence People" of which we have two identical copies for some reason. I shall now work at, among other things, smiling more often and being a better listener. Other than that we went shopping yesterday, and ran some errands today. By we I mean of course myself and my mother; Spencer generally spends his weekends in a state of 2/3 sleep and 1/3 computer.

And now I present, by inspiration of the poetry books I was looking at, a poem:

Today's sky is painted in blues and grays
Light and clear, it's brushed with only a few wisps of cotton white and silver lining
The grass is green, bright with rays of sun, shining with dew
The trees sway, a song in the wind
They foretell of seasons to come and seasons gone by

While birds call and leaves rustle, the general hum of civilization rumbles on
I add my own playlist of classical, jazz, rock
Drifting from this open window
A post office for the senses

In comes the scent of clean sheets and bonfire
In comes the brisk fresh feel of evening
Out goes the music with the warm air of the office
Out goes the smell of chicken pot pie

Leave me relaxing
Basking in the calm of a Sunday night
Don't remind me of the Monday morning that ensues
Just let me fall into the effortless wait
Under the darkening sky of blues and grays

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE it!

-Emma

Laura said...

verrry nice!

Gemma said...

thankee Emma and Laura ^_^