And now, here are some pictures:
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Got You Numbered
So far the summer is going good. Yesterday we went to the optometrist for a check up, we went to a new clinic to see if we wanted to change optometrists, and it took FOREVER. When we got there at 2:45 Spencer went first and mom went with him so I was left sitting out in the waiting area. For a long time. Okay, it was about 15 minutes so that wasn't too bad, but I got very bored. And they didn't even have magazines to read. So I spent the whole time letting my mind wander... and counting. I counted 72 pairs of glasses and 15 pairs of sunglasses (the selection of frames to try on sat on the other side of the room), which means 174 lenses total, I also counted: 6 chairs, 7 counter tops, 21 windows, 3 potted plants, 3 doors, and 56 checkers on the small race flag that was propped up on the desk. After staring around the room for that long I think I have about every single detail of it ingrained in my mind. Then it was my turn, turns out my prescription changed only a little bit and I have no astigmatism at all. Spencer on the other hand, poor guy, one of his eyes is shaped like a football. His eyes are also apparently very irritated and red or something, allergies they said. Of course, he didn't even notice. I also ended up trying to put in a contact. It went in after a little trouble, but it took me a long time to get out. Like, five minutes long. But anyway, I now have contacts to wear, of course I have to work on getting them in and out some more. Then after my check up we came out and picked out new frames. That's really what took the longest time. We finally left at 5:30. That took almost THREE HOURS!!! I was so hungry when we left! I'm hungry now. So I'll just make the rest of this quick. Today: I did pretty much nothing. The only worthwhile activity I accomplished was that I painted a birdhouse.
And now, here are some pictures:
This was painted sometime last week(i dated it, just can't recall the day right now) as requested by my mother. She kind of wanted a Georgia O'Keefe style painting, so this is, eh sorta close enough.
And now, here are some pictures:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Un Lun Dun is an awesome book.
Enjoy the Iliad. It's an awesome book.
Amazing art! Quite honestly, I'm very jealous.
REALLY nice painting! Definitely can see the O'Keefe-ness in it, but it works better when you think of it as a Gemma Baugh original.
luv luv luv the birdhouse!
its adorable
i agree with Eric-so jealous
you are such a great artist
Post a Comment