Thursday, June 11, 2009
It's All Toilet Paper To Me
AAAAugh. It is raining, and I can't sleep. I strongly dislike not being able to sleep. When I say "I can't sleep" I seriously cannot. Sometime if I go to bed way too late and can't fall asleep right away, I'll end up tossing and turning the whole night. I went to bed at twelve and by one o'clock I still wasn't falling asleep. I think I eventually went to sleep around 2 but then woke up again soon after because it started to storm. And of course, usually if I don't get to sleep at the beginning of a storm then I be able to for awhile. So now, here I am, awake but tired, early in the morning, and it's dark and raining outside, and I'm hungry. But of course, I can't go downstairs or walk around much, lest I wake up Spencer or Mom, or Winston. Anyway, I guess I'll mention that my grandmother and I went to an auction on Tuesday(I just realized today is Thursday... I cannot believe it's already June 11, this is crazy) where they were auctioning off the possessions of this woman who'd evaded taxes and embezzled and as a result had become wealthy, and now she's in jail for five years or something. So, the auction was pretty interesting, she had a ton of stuff. And it was all super expensive, there was a pair of mother of pearl salt and pepper shakers that cost $160, there was also a large matching mother of pearl bowl(imagine what the bowl would've cost), and five or six decorative mother of pearl balls(bigger than a softball but smaller than a soccer ball) that would've been sitting in the bowl. They all ended up auctioning separately because they only found out there were matching pieces when they were pulled out to sell. (the shakers went for $50, the bowl around $100, and the balls sold around $100, everything went really low) A lot of matching sets ended up selling separately because everything was unsorted and pretty chaotic, you could hardly notice a bowl on one table that matched a plate on the other. The place where they held the auction was full of her furniture and art and other things(picture frames, clocks, glass art, dinnerware, pots and pans, faux flower arrangements, and tons more) and this wasn't even the only sale. There had been a previous auction of some of her stuff, and still after this one that we went to they're going to have an auction selling her clothes and jewelry and purses. Anyway, I didn't end up buying anything, although I could just kick myself because at the beginning, and everything was selling at really good prices, a cultured pearl necklace sold for only $7.50 and I was about to bid on it, but I didn't and I should have!! Gah! Oh well. My grandma ended up buying two large(and heavy) framed photographs. And she got them for a good price, each piece cost $320 originally, she got them both for $175. But now there is the matter of getting them back to Florida. We'll see how that goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment