Thursday, July 12, 2007

Useless Information

Has anyone else been to the new Books-A-Million bookstore? My family went recently and I purchased 'The Book of Useless Information' and 'The Ultimate Book of Useless Information' I learned of the first from Laura and decided to get the ultimate book and the original book. I have found both very intriguing.



For instance a couple funny/interesting tidbits from the book...




  • Workers at Matsushita Electric Company in Japan beat dummies of thier foreman with bamboo sticks to let off steem.

  • Hindu men believe it is unlucky to marry a third time and that they could avoid the misfortune by marrying a tree. The tree(the third wife)was then burned, freeing the man to marry again.

  • If you bring a racoons head to the Henniker, New Hampshire, town hall, you are entitled to recieve ten dollars from the town.

  • There's a cemetery town in California called Colma; it's ratio of dead to living people is 750 to 1.

  • In 1983, a Japanese artist made a copy of the Mona Lisa completely out of toast.

I have really enjoyed reading the book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is good, isn't it?
Laura

It's very hard to type with mittens on. I'll email you about it.

Gemma said...

mittens? still no idea what you mean! also, once again a very good book.