Monday, June 11, 2007

Great Trip!

I had a ton of fun in DC! My troop visited all the historical landmarks and memorials. We all had a great time and except for a few problems it was terrific. You see in two cases some of he girls lost their things. For one we took a ride in some taxis to get to the Washington harbor because we were going to go for a boat ride tour and had decided since it was so hot outside(in the mid to upper 90s) we wanted to cool off and rest for a spell on the way to the dock. We took three taxis so that there were four people in each. Well once we got there one of the girls realized she'd left her bag in their cab. I heard a little bit of the group saying 'oh no Morgan left her bag' as the taxi pulled away and I thought 'hmm I should stop the cab...I wonder why' then as the driver left the parking lot I realized and we, Morgan, her mom and I, ran up the street that he had turned onto. We saw him stuck in the traffic and ran full speed ahead. Unfortunately it was an uphill run so by the time we got to the top he was gone. In the bag Morgan had two T-shirts that her mom had bought, but worse the postcards that Julie (I'm sure most of my readers know who these people are seeing as they are all in our grade) had collected for the places wed gone to that day. For most of them she could probably find more of the same or similar postcards but there were a few that she'd gotten from the White House gift shop (we had gone on a tour of the white house) that she couldn't get. The other time we lost some things was when Courtney's bag had a whole in the bottom because she'd been dragging it on the pavement and some of her things fell out as we were walk. (did I mention we had to walk everywhere in 80 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit(I'm serious) temperatures?) Other than that and a few minor minor mishaps everything was fine. Also I keep forgetting that I need to mention that the entire trip was a celebration of the 95th anniversary of Girl Scouting. On Saturday all of some 30,000(I'm not exaggerating) Girl Scouts and parents along for the trip were not far from the Washington monument having a Sing Along Celebration. That day we also went home on the buses/motor coaches driving through the night leaving at 6:30ish pm and getting home around 8:00ish am. I'm really sad that I missed Relay for Life!!!!! I had a chance to go but I was just to tired. I didn't get very much sleep on the bus. My brother Spencer and my dad did get to got though and they said it was a lot of fun. I'd like to mention also because it is pretty cool that while my mom and I were gone my dad and Spencer mad a computer. For those of you who are unaware that does not mean the screen that means the large box that you put CDs and floppy discs in. (but I'm sure you all know about that stuff right?) It's really interesting. Well I guess that's it, I'm going to add some of the pictures we took to this post later but for now it's here just to read.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had a really good time!
Laura

Gemma said...

oh ya! I wish you and emma and sheen and sophia and sasha and kelcy could've been there! (i didn't mention julie and natalie cause they're in my troop.

Anonymous said...

yeah. I kinda realized that.
Laura

Gemma said...

you are smart then! gud job Laura!

Anonymous said...

I'm flattered.
Laura

Gemma said...

you should be! I don't compliment people very often!