YAAAAAAAY!!! IT IS WARM OUTSIDE!!!!
Well now that that's out of my system I'd like to tell you a little story.
Ok here goes... I'm a Girl Scout (if you don't know what that is it is like a girl form of cub scout(and if you don't know what that is well then your just odd)) and as a girl scout my troop helps the community. For instance the Garlic Mustard pull was for girl scouts but there were so few people who came(it was scheduled for my troop to do) I failed to mention about girl scouts in the recent post. Anyway my troop for another helpful activity hosted the annual Salvation Army drive for our area. At the drive people come to a parking lot to drop of bags of stuff such as clothes, toys, bedsheets, etc. Originally the Salvation Army was supposed to send over a truck to fill with all the bags of stuff. Weeeeeell the driver called in sick so how are they supposed to bring over the truck without a driver? My dad offered to go get the truck and they ended up telling "No sir we cannot allow you to drive this truck as it is on our liability something thingymajiger blah blah blah... So as it goes the show must go on. We ended up renting a truck which ended up costing 80 something dollars. Oh no this is not yet the end of the story as you might think! Everything went well with loading it up and it all worked out...until we had to take it to the Salvation Army store place. It turned out when we got there we had no one to help us unload the truck except for the manager and the cashier!!!!! They supposed to have a crew but they had nothing! Plus the fact that we were already dog tired for loading the truck. I'd say we had about oh I dunno 350 bags? No I'm not exaggerating it's true. The truck was huge and it was about three fourths of the way full. I'm serious! It took foooorever!!!!! It took us around 3 hours to finish. (with the exception of lunch) I'm glad we got it all done but I feel a little sorry for the Salvation Army people at the store we were at because we really filled up the place! They had a storage room that we were putting everything in and at the end it was stuffed! We knew it would get full so the manager kept saying throughout the time we were working "Oh ya if there is something in the truck you like it's yours we have enough already" Out of this I got: A pair of size five crocs gently used, two stuffed dogs (both new), three beanie babies, a toy for my dog, a bunch of balls (like a volley ball, a soccer ball, etc.), and my dad even got an old pair of skis! It was pretty fun when I look back on it past all the work. hhhhmmm... I guess that's all for now!
1 comment:
That's awesome gemmmer! it's nice to see people helping in the community
L
Post a Comment