Monday, July 6, 2009

Beauty Is Pain

I now have braces on my top teeth. Joy. It didn't take too long and I'm starting to get used to the feeling of tightness, but I still feel weird about them. And I'll have them on for 18 months if not more. Fun right? I guess if 18 months is what it stays at I'll be lucky. Spencer was supposed to have his for 22 months and now he's having to continue so he'll end up having them for three years. Of course, the likelihood is that I'll continue longer also because we both have an impacted canine(both of my canines on top are impacted actually) so we both have to have surgery to attach a chain to said teeth to tighten to the braces. Spencer had to get surgery twice, it didn't quite work out the first time. Part of the reason Spencer is going longer is also that his canine tooth is coming in backwards, so the part that should be facing the inside is in front. I may have the same thing. It's really kind of interesting with our teeth, because my mom had an impacted canine as well as her sister, and now Spencer has one, and I have two. :( On another braces related note I chose to have clear opaly elastics rather than having colors because I figured it would be less noticeable and I'm glad I did. I actually kind of don't mind how the braces look.

3 comments:

Emma said...

You poor thing.

Gemma said...

yes yes, poor me ;)

Laura said...

They really aren't that bad. You just have to get used to it. It's just fun to complain. Going through the 18 months is totally worth it though! That's about how long I had mine.

Though, the whole canine thing does really suck :(.